Wednesday, July 16, 2014

About Me: Shelby Prunty - Region 5 Relationship Manager

Shelby Prunty
Alpha Factor Relationship Manager
Region 5
Gymnastics has been a major part of my life for as long as I can remember.  I am excited to be able to continue using my gymnastics expertise while working for such a great company. Joining the Alpha Factor family in January 2014 has been a true blessing and I am very thankful to be a part of a company that matches my love and passion for the sport.

When I stepped foot into my very first gymnastics class in 1995, I had no idea that my life path was beginning to take shape at such a young age. Gymnastics immediately became a part of me, and a few years later, it defined me. After many years of training, friendships, and memories, I was blessed to be able to earn a gymnastics scholarship to Louisiana State University. My years at LSU are a time in my life that I will remember forever.  Unfortunately, I was forced to retire following my junior year due to several unfortunate injuries and surgeries. For many gymnasts, early retirement causes a lot of emotional pain, resulting in complete removal from the sport.  However, that was not the case for me, I took on the role of team manager my senior year and remained a part of my team.  To this day, I still cherish gymnastics as much as I did the day that I fell in love with the sport. It will forever hold a home in my heart.

I graduated from LSU in May of 2013 and for the first time in my life I felt a sense of freedom that I had never felt before.  I didn’t have to wake up for morning weights at 5am.  I didn’t have a class to race to right after practice when I was sweaty and exhausted.  For the first time in my life I was free to do what I wanted.  My sister had just moved to Nashville, TN and needed a roommate.  I thought to myself, there will never be a better time than now.  So I packed up my car, floor to ceiling, and drove 9 hours to a foreign city to start a new chapter of my life.  Although my days no longer revolved around the sport of gymnastics, I was able to appreciate the determination, self-confidence and relentless need to succeed that gymnastics provided me with and apply them to my future.  
   
Gymnastics has made me the person I am today and I can’t picture my life without it.  It has taught me many lessons; including commitment, responsibility, and teamwork.  I have gratefully been able to take those lessons and transition into my role at Alpha Factor.  As your Relationship Manager, my goal is to use my love and passion for gymnastics to connect with you and your team.  I want to help make your team’s vision come to life so they can feel confident while they compete.  

I can't wait for the opportunity to work with you!
-Shelby Prunty

You can contact Shelby via email at sprunty@alphafactor.com





No comments:

Post a Comment