Thursday, July 17, 2014

About Me: Danielle Blasser - Region 7 Relationship Manager

Danielle Blasser
Alpha Factor Relationship Manager
Region 7
I can remember everything about the night I fell in love with gymnastics. I was sitting on the floor in my parents’ TV room with my eyes glued to the television. The Magnificent Seven were marching in. Dominique Moceanu became my idol in a matter of seconds. Watching her was like watching a version of myself I didn’t know existed yet. I immediately screamed to my mother “I WANT TO DO THAT.” My parents hesitated to put me in yet another sport as I hated soccer and swimming after the first few practices. They finally got sick of me flipping over the arms of the couches and using them as my own personal vault, and they signed me up at Gymnastics of York. I quickly blazed through the classes and made it onto team level. After competing for a few years I knew that if I wanted to excel at gymnastics, I needed to switch gyms. I transferred to Prestige Gymnastics in Lancaster, PA, and immediately knew it was home. I loved the coaches and my teammates; they really pushed me to be the best version of myself that I could be. Unfortunately, while I was in high school, I broke my tailbone after falling off beam (or, should I say, directly onto the beam). It took me almost nine months to fully heal and recover, and by that time, I had lost a lot of my strength and skills. I bawled my eyes out the day I knew that was the end of the road for me. I always had hopes of following in my older teammates’ footsteps and becoming a college gymnast. I played other sports in high school, but my heart never forgot its first love. I decided to join Penn State’s Club College team while I attended school there, so I did eventually fulfill my dream somewhat.

I always loved gymnastics because I felt like I could get away from the world and just do what made me happy. No matter what kind of day I was having, my floor music would start and I could get lost in the dance and tumbling and forget about all my problems. Gymnastics gave me the confidence and tough skin I needed later in life. I loved all of the relationships that the world of gymnastics brought me. I still hold tightly to those relationships today.

Working for Alpha Factor has allowed me to bring my childhood love of gymnastics into my adult career path. My goal as a Relationship Manager is to partner with gyms and help them feel and look their best. Growing up in the same town as the corporate office and manufacturing plant, I always wore Alpha Factor. I knew that part of my confidence out on the floor was due to the amazing look that I had from our warm ups and our leotards. I hope to give gyms the same type of confidence that I had when I was young.

I am excited for this season and look forward to working with you!
-Danielle Blasser

You can contact Danielle via email at dblasser@performgroupllc.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment